What began with the company founder Franz Leicher as a royal purveyor of the court at the heart of Munich in 1870, is now almost 150 years later, one of the most successful global companies for engineering, production and supply of technical components. The continuous development and expansion of our performance is a convincing for the success of German entrepreneurship.
1870Foundation of the company „Schloss- und Tresorfabrik Franz Leicher“
1901Expansion of the production spectrum: Acquisition of manufacturer for turning parts
1958Development of a wholesaler of fasteners
1976Construction of a new enterprise for technical components at the current business location
1993First ISO 9001 Certification
1996First globalization step by developing a supplier network in South-/East Asia
2002Foundation of Leicher Engineering GmbH
2006Opening of the Logistic Center in Salzburg, Austria
2007Further certification: VDA 6:2 (automotive)
2013Important milestone in global supply: 15% of all countries are supplied with our technical components.
2014Digitalization is our main focus: Implementation of a RFID Kanban
2015Expansion of the supplier markets: Successful implementation of new manufacturing plants in Eastern Europe into our supplier network
2016Diversity: We welcome the 12th nation in our team
2017Certification success: Conversion to DIN ISO 9001:2015 and VDA 6.2:2017
2018Complete replacement of IT-structure